Photo books and popular articles
Travel, writing and photography have become part of our work with the environment. My husband and I began this career by focusing mainly on the sea but ended up covering both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems to cater to several types of travel and nature magazines around the world (e.g. Canadian Geographic, Ocean Realm, Sea Frontiers, Aquaculture Magazine, Aqualife, Freshwater & Marine Aquarium, Aquarium Fish International, Scuba World, Photo Life, Explore and Islands Business). Since 1993, we have authored five coffee-table books and over four hundred popular articles, and we have amassed tens of thousands of pictures. More can be found about these realisations on the website of our society (SEVE).
In the works
Here is a list of some of the scientific papers we are currently working on, that are either newly accepted or pending acceptance (being revised), submitted or being prepared for submission (HQP underlined).
- Sun J., B.L. Gianasi, J.-F. Hamel,M. Graham, A. Mercier. Health condition of the sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa after multi-year holding in effluent waters of land-based salmon cultures. Submitted.
- Sun J., J.-F. Hamel, B. Stuckless, T.J. Small, A. Mercier. Effect of light, phytoplankton, substrate types and colour on locomotion, feeding behaviour and microhabitat selection in the sea cucumber Cucumaria frondosa. Submitted
- Ammendolia J., A. Brown, J.-F. Hamel & A. Mercier. Vertical migrations in the ocean and the deep source-sink hypotheses: insights from pressure tolerance investigations. In preparation.
- Sanamyan N.P. , K.E. Sanamyan, A. Mercier, J.-F. Hamel, E.S. Bocharova. Morphological and molecular assessment of large sea anemones (Actiniaria: Actiniidae) in Newfoundland (eastern Canada). Submitted.
- Hamel J.-F., Wareham-Hayes V.E., Mercier A. Reproduction of a bathyal pennatulacean coral in the Canadian Artcic. Submitted.